Baseball Canada, located in Ottawa, Ontario, is the national governing body for baseball in Canada and is made up of 10 provincial associations representing players, coaches and umpires nationwide. Baseball Canada is a member of both the Canadian Olympic Committee and the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC). It is funded and recognized by Sport Canada and Canadian Heritage and is recognized by Revenue Canada as having charitable status.
The Service/Program Coordinator reports to the Director of National Programs and has overall responsibility for supporting the various programs, serving their members, and coordinating events.
Service/Program Coordinator accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
1. The day-to-day lead and overall support on key grassroot development programs - Baseball5, Rally Cap and Girls Baseball Programs.
2. Supports the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) for coaches across Canada; maintains the database, handles registration and memberships, updates the coach’s profile as necessary and produces financial reports.
3. Coordinating Baseball Canada National Championships in accordance with the Hosting Guidelines, and procedures and rules of the events.
4. Supports the national Umpire Program and Scorekeeper Program to continue to develop the programs and services and to enhance the engagement of stakeholders and increase awareness of the program by coordinating training, and keeping the database updated.
5. Manages websites for coaches, umpires and scorekeepers, keeping them up-do-date, uploading new programs, updating profiles, answering questions and resetting passwords.
6. Assists in the budgeting process by following the program budgets for Umpire, Scorekeeping, Championships events, and IT, ensuring the numbers are accurate.
7. Builds and nurtures a network of contacts and establishes and maintains effective working relationships with members, provinces, committee members, etc.
8. Represents Baseball Canada on various committees as assigned such as: Championship, Rules, Umpire Development, Scorekeepers Development, Coaching Technical and Coaching Operation.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma with relevant experience
• Experience in program delivery and/or event management
• Experience as an athlete, coach or official is an asset
• Bilingualism (English, French) is an asset
Knowledge and Technical Skills:
• In-depth knowledge and working experience with Microsoft Office, database systems, website administration, Mac and Windows platforms, computer and office equipment.
• Sound knowledge of the Canadian Sport system, sports industry and rules of baseball is an asset
• Experience in project management and stakeholder engagement
• Knowledge of privacy legislation, information management and information security
• Knowledge of the principles of diversity and inclusion
• Experience in administrative operations.
• Interpersonal skills
• Relationship building
• Client service orientation
• Problem solving
• Analytical thinking
• Excellent writing, reading, and speaking comprehension
• High integrity, trust and confidentiality
• Passion for baseball and must have a commitment to the vision and mission of Baseball Canada
The Service/Program Coordinator is required to work in an office setting, requiring extensive use of a computer and extensive hours in a sitting position. The incumbent must be able to work independently and may be expected to travel occasionally to national meetings and events.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Baseball Canada is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact us if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application. Candidates with a disability requiring accommodation during the interview process should advise.
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada.
If you meet the required qualifications and are interested in the position, please submit your resume and covering letter to email@example.com
Application Deadline: April 16, 2023.
Please reference Service Program Coordinator in the subject line.
Note: All employment is conditional upon meeting the qualifications of the job and completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including employment references and criminal records checks (for which a pardon has not been granted).