OTTAWA – The Coaching Association of Canada’s annual National Coaches Week (NCW) is set for September 18-26 providing an opportunity to recognize and say #ThanksCoach to all of the amazing coaches we have in Canada!
Delivering quality baseball programs across our country is simply not possible without the work of thousands of baseball coaches including a dedicated group of coach educators who provide training opportunities each year.
In 2021 alone, over 2,000 baseball coaches across Canada took part in National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) training with over 500 new coaches participating in coach education opportunities.
Baseball is a team sport and it takes a terrific team off the field to ensure the on-field experience is a success!
There are many ways that you can participate in National Coaches Week. A simple #ThanksCoach post on social media to your coach is a great way to show deserved recognition.
5 Ways You Can Take Part
- Explore the Participation Guide: The National Coaches Week Participation Guide contains everything you need to make National Coaches Week a success for your coach, team, and organization.
- Enjoy FREE or discounted NCCP education: During National Coaches Week, coaches can diversify their coaching knowledge with free or discounted NCCP education. Connect with your local P/TCR, or National Sport Organization to learn more about their National Coaches Week events, or log into the Locker to access specific eLearning modules for free from September 18-26, 2021.
- Say #ThanksCoach on social media: Follow National Coaches Week on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram using #CoachesWeek and #ThanksCoach. You can also use the National Coaches Week Facebook profile frame throughout the week to show your support. And don’t forget to submit an entry for the Petro-Canada #ThanksCoach Contest on Instagram!
- Join a community event: Organize a community event to say #ThanksCoach, or join one taking place in your province or territory. Submit your event to our National Coaches Week Event Calendar or use it to find an event near you!
- Say ‘Thanks, Coach’ with a National Coaches Week Gift: Show your appreciation for everything your coaches do for you, your team, and your community with a National Coaches Week-branded notebook or backpack. Now available through our eStore.
Baseball Canada is also encouraging all members, if you haven’t already, to sign up for our HOME-FIELD Advantage, a 52-week coaching program where you will receive one coaching technique per week from a subject-matter expert!