In 2021, 14 communities across Canada were recipients of a Jays Care Foundation “Field Of Dreams” grant providing funding to design, refurbish and build safe spaces for children and youth to play baseball, develop life skills and learn from positive role models.
In the last five years, Jays Care has committed over $8 million to 66 infrastructure projects across Canada.
Today, Jays Care announced that the Field Of Dreams grant application process is now open and available for communities for 2022!
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. ET on Friday, October 29, 2021.
To apply for a 2022 Field Of Dreams grant, please click here.
Please note the following from Jays Care:
While we understand that many organizations are in need of support, we require that grant applicants meet the following criteria for eligibility:
- Must be grassroots or charitable organizations
- Must be using the grant to build within Canada
- Must have the project complete within 12-18 months of receiving funding approval
- Must be dealing with infrastructure that directly supports children and youth facing barriers
- Must be able to provide audited financial statements from the past year, or most recent
- Must be able to provide detailed quotes for all aspects of the project (required for the second phase)
- Must be able to provide all applicable municipality and work permits, where required
We understand that access to computers and reliable internet vary in communities across Canada. If you are not able to submit your application electronically and would live to discuss feasible alternative submission options, or if you have any questions about a 2022 Field Of Dreams grant, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible.