Coach and Umpire Service Coordinator
The Coach and Umpire Service Coordinator will operate under the direct supervision of the Director of Business and Sport Development, with a strong relationship with the Event & Domestic Program Coordinator.
This position involves all aspects of coach and official services. The coordinator will also service coaches in the NCCP Program including registration, memberships, technical problems including links with provinces and work with the Director in the development of programs/deliverables within coaching. The coordinator will also work in close collaboration with the Coaching Association of Canada as well as serving on the coaches committee while having a direct impact on the NCCP delivery including development, updates, revisions and online training. Among other tasks, the coordinator will be supporting the umpires committee and will support them on various initiatives including assignments, membership, training and other projects.
This position is full-time requires flexible work hours and is based in Ottawa with start date to be on October 22nd2018.
Mandatory requirements for this position are:
- Complete fluency, oral and written, in one of the two official languages
- Available to travel occasionally
- Knowledge of baseball, the Canadian sport system and the NCCP Program
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of Microsoft office software
- Outgoing and friendly, enjoy working with people
The following would be considered assets for this position:
- Ability to speak the second official language
- Travelling experience, either as a player, a coach, or a volunteer
Qualified applicants should forward their résumé, together with a covering letter, to the attention of André Lachance, Director Business and Sport Development, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary Range: $35,000 - $45,000
Deadline for Applications is September 28th 2018.